Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yanks 8, Drinos 0

Rough beatdown last night at the Stade. I knew things weren't going well when, as we were sitting in traffic about three blocks from the stadium, a couple street vendors were saying that "A-Rod just hit another one" and "Giambi hit one too." I was pretty sure as I surreptitiously sipped a Coors Louie in the backseat of the car that the "one" that A-Rod and Giambi hit was a "bomb" and that ended up being a correct assumption.

Not to mention that as I was walking to my seats in RF (second row in fair territory, bomb central) Headley misplayed a ball that caromed off the corner and the runner ended up at third base. Nice play Chaser! That particular run didn't score but the error added to the total mix of doom that was in the air.

It probably started even earlier, in fact, when Kouz was scratched from the lineup after tweaking his back during batting practice. I didn't even realize Kouz wasn't in the game until, in the fourth inning, the second basemen dropped the ball on a routine double play and I yelled out "Edgar!" only to have my friends tell me that Edgar wasn't the one that dropped but rather the one that threw it. Looking closer I realized it was in fact E-Gon at third and Stansberry at second. Later on in the game Stansberry made another error. Thanks Kouz's back!

But overall it was a good time. Later in the game between innings we were standing in our Padre shirts and wolf masks (yes, we wore wolf masks to support Randy) and cheering on Headley in LF and Headley gave us a distinct nod of recognition. It was a beastly moment from the future beast and I felt like a beast because of it.

No comments: