Friday, July 25, 2008

The Burgh

Another nice loss last night. This one featured back-to-back bombs by two former Padres (Bay and Nady), as well as a bomb by an All Star centerfielder (McLouth) the Padres may have been able to deal for in the offseasons if they were willing to part with Chase Headley.

Not that I wanted the Padres to trade Chase. I'm just sayin ...

The Padres are now 13 games back of first and show no signs of being able to win another baseball game all season.

But there is good news.

This afternoon I'm heading to the Burgh for three straight days of Padre-Bucco baseball at PNC park.

The last time I was at PNC I saw Vinny Castilla try to score from third on a ground out to first and was thrown out to end the game. That was the only game the Drinos lost on that trip to the Burgh.

Here's hoping they find that sort of success this weekend.

No comments: