Friday, August 22, 2008

Backs 4, Drinos 1

The big club lost again last night and I didn't watch one second of it. Shame on me.

But you know what I have been watching? The kid in the photo above, Jaff Decker. He's putting up outstanding numbers for the Padres Rookie League affiliate in Peoria, AZ. He looks like he hasn't lost all the baby fat on those cheeks of his but at the same time could beat my ass with that aluminum bat if he was so inclined. I like that contradiction.

I'm excited to see where Jaff ranks on the Drino prospect list next Spring with the likes of Ced Hunter, Kellen Kulbacki, Kyle Blanks, James Darnell, Will Venable, Mat Latos, Wade LeBlanc, Will Inman, Mitch Canham, Sawyer Carroll, Yefri Carvajal, Logan Forsythe, Blake Tekotte, Matthew Clark, Dan Robertson and Allan Dykstra. Some talent there.

Now if Carrillo, Schmidt and Bush come back strong from surgery, the Padres minor league system may have something.

No comments: