Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Jacopo Peavy

Der Peavenstein.

A pretty good pitcher, a pretty good guy (though he talks a bit too much in the press), a fiery competitor (though he gets a bit too fired up at times) and, at least for the moment, a career Padre.

These are all attributes I can respect.

If I were Peavy I would stay in the Diago and play for the Padres and max out my statistics and be the stud guy on a team that, contrary to the belief of some so-called "experts," has a chance to be competitive over the next few years. Granted, if he is traded to Atlanta or Houston or St. Louis he may have a better shot at getting to the playoffs next season (although I'm not sure that's true with the Bravos, they aren't all that great), but with the Drinos he could continue to be the Man and partner with CY and A-Gon to help the rooks learn the ropes.

I like that idea.

But Peav loves the Bravos, and he's buds with Roy Oswalt and he thinks (rightly) that the Cardinals are a bunch of winners. Plus he always has Semmes, Al-a-bama on the mind. He's a Southern boy through and through.

Whatever happens I wish Peav good luck and, if he is traded, that KT fleeces his new team in the transaction.

Yeeee-haw!

No comments: