Wednesday, November 26, 2008

All Quiet ... For Now

This is the cover of perhaps my favorite novel: All Quiet on the Western Front (I don't mean to upset my friend Hemingway and his stellar novel, For Whom the Bell Tolls, but All Quiet may edge it out).

I mention this only as a lead in to my point for the day: things are quiet right now for all four teams this blog covers. The Padres are waiting on the Jake Peavy trade talks to heat up again. The Chargers are lying low, disappointed they lost to the Colts but hopeful because Denver choked against the Raiduhs. The Fighting Illini football team is done for the year, free to do absolutely nothing. And the Fighting Illini hoops team is in South Padre (or will be soon) for a Thanksgiving weekend tournament.

I suppose this is how it should be on Thanksgiving Eve. All quiet and all (relatively speaking) well. Sure, I'd like to see all four teams in a little better spot right now, but when all is said and done, I'm just darn thankful that I have these four teams to root for.

Other than being a lot better at my job and a lot more attentive husband, I honestly don't know what I would do without these teams.

No comments: