Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bolts Sign Bennett

A.J. signed Michael Bennett yesterday, adding depth to the Bolts' running back position and insuring against an injury to LT and/or Sproles. It also would seem to indicate that Jacob Hester is not very good at all. Or at least has fallen a bit in the estimation of the Chargers brass.

Be that as it may, I welcome Bennett to the Bolts. Michael, I see from my exhaustive research (I just looked you up on pro-football-reference.com) that you have amassed 3627 yards in your career at a 4.4 yard-per-carry clip. Your best season was in 2002 when, as a Viking, you rushed for 1296 yards and scored five touchdowns, including an 85-yarder. Not too shabby. More recently you had a 4.6 yard-per-carry average for Tampa last season in limited action. I would be pleased if you performed similarly for the Bolts over the final seven games of this season.

Welcome, and good luck. Now get to work.

No comments: