Thursday, November 6, 2008

Illini Do Iowa

The Illini held on and beat Iowa last Saturday. That was a good thing because Iowa had been a spoiler for the Illini of late, and also because Iowa is inferior to Illinois just as a general matter.

I kid the Iowans. Great state over there. Always enjoy visiting Iowa City and I had a friend growing up who was from Bettendorf. One of my other friends married a Hawkeye graduate. Also my sister once got caught using someone else's credit card in Iowa so, you know, it's good to know the Iowa police are on top of things.

One thing I liked about Saturday's game was the use of Eddie McGee as a slot receiver. He is tall and athletic and, according to T.V. reports, Zooker rewarded him for being one of the players who cares most about the team. I believe Illini football will be in good hands two seasons from now when Juice is playing in the CFL and Eddie is quarterbacking the squad.

No comments: