Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Don't Drink And Blog

There I was, sitting on the sofa, drunk, after a night out boozing with my friends, when I decide to write an absurd post about the Padres sneaky chances to win the World Series. What prompted that ridiculous notion was that I was watching Peavy deal against the Giants while, at the same time, Adrian had put together a couple outstanding at bats against Matty Cain.

Lo and behold I start thinking these are the two best ballplayers in baseball and could lead the Padres to a World Series.

That must have been the draft Coors Louies talking because not a moment after I publish the post Adrian makes a dubious decision to throw to second on an attempted sacrifice (the runner was safe), and the Gints capitalize on the mistake to push their first run across. Then, an inning later, Peavy serves up a salami to, of all people, Edgar Renteria.

5 - 2 Giants. Just like that.

The Gints would tack on a few more runs and finish with an 8-3 victory.

Not a bad result for the Giants against a likely World Series team like the Padres.

Yeah, right.

No comments: