Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chandler Whitmer ... Another Snake By The Zooker

Chandler,

Just heard today that you gave a verbal to the Illini and added your name to the Zooker's 2010 recruiting class.

I don't you know you well - not at all, actually - but based on just this information alone I can tell you've got a good head on your shoulders. You're a Chicago kid after all and you put all the mularkey from out-of-state schools aside and said, "Hey, I'm going to the state school because I love my state and it's a great school and Ron Zook is a beast." I mean you didn't actually say that - I'm imagining what you probably said to someone, or at least thought to yourself at some point - but that to me shows a mature streak not often seen in high school junior.

On top of all that you had an offer from Stanford of all places. Basically you're like John Elway if John Elway had decided to go to Illinois.

I like that.

The way I see it, because Zook is such a recruiting beast, when you arrive at Camp Rantoul in August 2010, you'll be in competition with a few stud QBs already. Guys like Eddie McGee, Jacob Charest and Nathan Scheelhase. All those guys look to be beasts for the next few years for the Illini. I'm sure you'll learn from them and then, say in September 2012 or 2013 or thereabouts, you'll be ready to lead the Illini to the promised land.

Bottom line is that success on offense in football starts at the quarterback position. And the Zooker, with a little help from Mike Schultz, has made sure that the Illini are stacked there for a good long time.

Welcome to the Illini.

Best,
Bevormo

No comments: