Monday, May 18, 2009

Weber To Get More Caysh

Bruce,

Let me say congratulations in advance on your upcoming pay raise. I know you've had some recruiting disappointments the past few years, and the first-round tourney losses in 2007 and 2009 still sting a bit (the Chester injury still chaps me), but I like the way you run a program.

Here are a few reasons why I think you deserve the extra 500K a year:

- You know how to effing coach the Xs and Os. You had Trent Meacham and Chester Frazier as a starting backcourt this season and still won well over 20 games and earned a 5-seed in the tourney. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Trent and Chester, but they don't see the floor if you had guys like Frankie and Cory or Deron and Dee on the roster. I saw what you can do with that kind of talent. I'm looking forward to seeing you do it again.

- The recruiting train is running again. D.J. Richardson and Chris Paul are going to be monsters at the guard positions and I think people are underrating Joseph Bertrand. Not to mention Tyler Griffey as a big man. Then in 2010 we have Jereme, Crandall and Meyers Leonard, all added in with Demetri, Mike T. and - in one of your sneakier recruiting snakes - Mike Davis. Pencil yourself in for a few 30-win seasons, my good man.

- The program is squeaky clean. Obviously Bill Self is likely probably dirty, and I'm not sure about Lon Kruger (I doubt it, but Lon is so sly who really knows). Lou may or may not have been dicey. I don't know. But if anyone ever said your program is dirty I would bust a kidney laughing. You get things done the right way, Bruce, and for that you are a beast. I know you're going to break the shady union of AAU and high school coaches in Chicago and - as you already are with with the 2009 and 2010 classes - get the best in-state kids to play in Champaign. There will always be shady Calipari types to deal with, but I know you'll persevere and come out on top. That's what winners do.

So I'm glad you're getting paid, Bruce. You deserve it, as does your outstanding assistant, Jerrance Howard.

Get r dun.

Best,
Bevormo

No comments: