Friday, June 12, 2009

The Adventures Of Headley And The Kouz

Chase, Kev,

We need to have a talk, guys, and tonight seems like the right time. I'm going to throw out a statement and then I'm going to let it hang out there a moment while it sinks in.

Here it is:

You two are the most important players on the San Diego Padres.

...

...

Alright then. Now that that's out there, I'll explain. A couple of nights ago, up in L.A., you and the rest of the guys pulled out a tense 3-1 victory against the hated Dadgers. After the game, I perused the box score and there, right in the middle of the Padres lineup, was some very interesting data.

Kouzmanoff: 4 AB, 1 R, 2 H, 1 RBI, 1 2B
Headley: 3 AB, 0 R, 2 H, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 2B

Basically, you guys produced and the Padres won. And I doubt that was an accident. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you two raise your production from this point on in the season, the Padres lineup is going to be rather peligroso to opposing pitchers.

As of today, Kouz, you are hitting .229 with a .275 OBP, 5 bombs and 28 ribeyes. Chase, you're sitting at .239, .319, 4 and 24. Paltry numbers for middle of the order guys, if I may make an understatement.

But if you guys can get on streaks where you push your batting averages into the .260 - .280 range, and get on pace to hit 20-25 bombs and knock in about 80 ribeyes each, the Padres are going to push quite a few runs across the plate and, by consequence, be pretty tough to beat.

I mean the Padres are only a few games under .500 now and you two have hardly hit.

Bottom line: if you guys get your numbers up, the Padres are going to win games. Just like on Wednesday against the hated Dadgers.

I look forward to you two continuing to hit tonight in Anaheim.

Best,
Bevormo

No comments: