Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Keyvius Sampson ... And A Few Other Padres Draftees

Keyvius,

That's a solid photo of you above. You look like a nice kid. Congrats on being the Padres 4th Round draft pick in the 2009 MLB Draft. I hear you're a young righthander from Florida who currently holds a full ride scholly offer from Florida St. I also see you want to put Ocala, Florida on the map. I hope you do so by way of the Diego.

Anyway, let me introduce you to a few of your fellow Day 2 draftees, guys I hope you'll be playing with on a Drino team coming soon.

First, there's James Needy. The Drinos drafted James in the 6th Round. He's a local Diego kid from Santana High School. Besides being a 6'5" hard throwing RHP and three-sport athlete at Santana High, Needy in his spare time likes to, um, design jewelry. Maybe he'll make you a nice piece.

A few rounds later in the 9th, the Drinos took Michigan righthander Chris Fetter. I think you'll like Chris. He is 6'8" and throws about 94 MPH. He also has the distinction of putting up 11 points on Greg Oden during his high school basketball days, back when Oden was good.

That's all I got for now. Welcome to the fold.

Best,
Bevormo

No comments: