Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh Day Of Days Indeed

Quite a competition yesterday for "Best Moment of the Day":

1. Was it when I read Keyvius Sampson signed just before 1 PM eastern standard time?

2. Was it when Tam O'Flannell e-mailed me that Everett Williams, in my opinion the odd man out in terms of signability, was in the fold?

3. Was it when I heard Donavan Tate was trolling around Petco Park practicing his signature and - as we see in the photo above - getting fitted for a choice outfit?

4. Was it when Chase Headley tied the ballgame in the bottom of the 9th with a rope RBI double?

5. Was it when Kyle Blanks hit a monster 3-run walk off bomb to left center that left Mark Neely speechless?

6. Was it when I found out that my favorite Greek restaurant has take out and my wife kindly volunteered to walk the 12 blocks to pick up our order of lamb shanks, selection of Greek spreads, and a shrimp, orzo, spinach, tomato and feta salad?

7. Was it when I convinced myself, "Bevormo, you don't need to work out today"?

8. Or was it when I took a choice pre-dinner nap from 7:30 - 9 PM?

Man, this one might be too close to call.

The redemption of Cesar Carrillo begins in a few hours.

No comments: