Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

And you thought I might never return. So silly of you.

Anyway, yes, I am back and will now begin posting regularly as I have been, with minor exceptions, since January.

Should be a good time.

I'll let you know where I was and why I had to take a few weeks off in an upcoming post, but in the meantime, let me say that the Padrinos tee off against the Bravos in a few minutes time. Our boy Tim Stauffer takes the hill and looks to continue his legendary comeback season.

Let me also mention that in the few moments I've been able to watch the Padres over the past few weeks, I've liked what I've seen. Especially the play of Kyle Blanks, Will Venable, Everth Cabrera and wunderkind Mat Latos. And I'm not the only one. Geoff Young is so stoked by these guys that he invented a "modified box score" system specifically to track their performance the remainder of the season. Geoff's system seems a lot like my own highly scientific system of "watch the games and see if these guys do anything good."

Both systems are equally accurate measures of performance.

Go Padres! Tonight! Against the Braves!

No comments: