Saturday, January 16, 2010

All Hail The Return Of Scotty Bombs, But Say Goodbye To Kouz

Scotty "Bombs" Hairston is back with the Padres and, dare I say it, all is now right with the Drino world.

Yesterday, Jed Hoyer pulled off his first major deal as the Padres GM, sending Kevin Kouzmanoff and Eric Sogard to the A's for Scott Hairston and Aaron Cunningham.

I heard the news as I was driving my rented Chevy Impala along N. Harbor Dr. to pick up my wife from the San Diego Airport. In my excitement I nearly drove the car into the harbor.

The dark side of the move is that Kouz is no longer a Padre. Images like the one above won't be happening in any Drinos games next season. Don't feel bad for Kouz though. He gets to stay on the West Coast and play for a team that almost always competes for a division title. No doubt he'll fit in well with the citizens of Oakland. They seem like good people.

No comments: