Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Padres Lineup

I'm fully on board with the recent moves Jed Hoyer has made to prepare the Padres for the 2011 season. In particular I love the Brad Hawpe signing. I fully expect him to approximate his career average line of .279/.373/.490. If he doesn't I'll be shocked.

Here's the lineup I'd like to see for the Drinos on Opening Day 2011, an afternoon tilt in St. Louis on March 31:

1. Will Venable - RF
2. Orlando Hudson - 2B
3. Brad Hawpe - 1B
4. Ryan Ludwick - LF
5. Chase Headley - 3B
6. Nick Hundley - C
7. Jason Bartlett - SS
8. Cameron Maybin - CF

I've seen some suggest that Bartlett should bat #2 with O Dog in the three hole, but I'd like a bit more pop from the #3 spot. If you want to switch Hundley and Bartlett in the six and seven spots, I'm fine with that.

And the rotation:

LHP - Clayton Richard
RHP - Mat Latos
RHP - Aaron Harang
RHP - Tim Stauffer
RHP - Chris Young

It's doubtful the Padres will sign CY, but I'd like to see them give him a two-year deal with choice incentives. CY must know Petco is his best shot at putting up good numbers so he should accept such an offer. If CY goes elsewhere I'd like to see Cory Luebke in the #5 spot. I like how he throws with a downward plane from the left side.

Happy New Year.

No comments: