Monday, March 28, 2011

Who Had The Better Week: Cedric Hunter or Shaka Smart?


When I heard the news today that Cedric Hunter made the Padres Opening Day roster, it occurred to me that he's having a pretty good week. Similarly, when VCU smashed Kansas in the mouth yesterday I thought to myself, "Man, you know who's having a good week? Shaka Smart."

So naturally today I wondered who is having the better week: Cedric Hunter or Shaka Smart?

I'll list the relevant facts and let you decide:

Cedric Hunter

- hit .435 in Spring Training earning a place on the Padres Opening Day Roster

- will make his Major League debut this week at the age of 23

- has a sweet first name that can be shortened to the nickname "Ced"

Shaka Smart

- led 11-seed VCU from play-in game to the Final Four

- will make his Final Four coaching debut at the age of 33

- has a sweet first name ... period

I guess I'd vote for Ced because, at the end of the day, I'd rather play baseball in the Bigs than coach in the Final Four. But it's close and I could certainly understand reasonable minds having a different opinion.

No comments: