Tuesday, June 2, 2009

They've Started Playing In The Dominican

Alvaro,

[You may need an English-Spanish translator to read this letter. Please go find one. Immediatemente, por favor.]

I checked one of my favorite websites today, MadFriars, and they had a quick summary of your game last night down in the Dominican Republic. (Thanks also to MadFriars for that sweet photo of you above. Man, you have skinny arms.) Apparently, yesterday you went 2-3 with a 2-run bomb, a couple runs scored and a walk. After two games you have 7 ribeyes and are 4 for 7 to start the year.

What a beast.

For a guy who is supposed to be a defensive phenom, I like the early pop in your bat. You're about 16 or 17 now so no need to rush things, but I can't wait to see you Stateside.

In the meantime I may have to get down to the DR to see you play.

Best,
Bevormo

No comments: