Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Night Games At Wrigley Are Rarely Good

Growing up in Peoria, IL, about three hours drive south of Chicago, Wrigley Field was my family's go to spot for major league baseball games. My Dad would take me to at least one Padres-Cubs game a season, and those trips are some of the best memories any kid could possibly have.

Also, every single one of those games my Dad took me to was a day game. Wrigley didn't add lights until 1988 when I was 11 years old, and even then, they played only a handful of night games a season.

Since then, the few times I have gone to a night game at Wrigley (this game comes to mind), it is cold, wet, windy, and worst of all, feels a lot like every other stadium in baseball. It's nothing like the warm sunny days I knew growing up.

So if it was up to me the Cubs would only play day games at Wrigley. And, if they did play any night games, they certainly wouldn't beat the Padres 1-0 in ten innings in any of those games.

No comments: